Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shopping, Shopping, and More Shopping!

I got my Lakeshore order yesterday and a few things from Amazon today!  Since my classroom came with literally NOTHING in it, I'm forced to shop (it's just terrible!)  I'm headed to California in a few days to visit my family and my mom just informed me there is a Lakeshore store there - woo hoo!  I realized I wanted/needed a few more things from there, so I'll have no choice but to check it out in person!  You all feel my pain, right :-)

Here are a few of my Lakeshore items.  I got the big set of magnetic lowercase letters, and a small pack of uppercase and then added those to the bigger set.  I also got letter stamps in upper and lowercase letters and wikki stix.  These will all be for Daily 5 word work activities.  For math work stations I got unifix cubes and pattern blocks.  I got a great number line too that goes from -20 to 100.  I already hung it up though!



I got a few more things done in my classroom too.  My big reveal when it's finished isn't going to be much of a surprise!  I'm so excited I want to share my progress each day!


I finished the tree in the library area. (I actually finished it last week!)



I also finished the tree in my group/floor area and added a cute little picket fence!  You can see where I hung the number line on the right hand side.  Above it says "Mrs. Zuniga's Wise Owls."  I'm going to put owls underneath that with the student's names on them.


I'm still working on the bulletin board above the sink, but I added to it today.  It still needs owls.  I've been struggling with whether to use the owls that match my nameplates and calendar, etc. or the colorful owls from Carson-Dellosa.  I think Carson-Dellosa is going to win on this one!  I need to add some other colors into my room and they are so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it!  I may even ditch my nameplates and buy some of theirs - shhh, don't tell :-)



That yellow edge on the sink is driving me crazy, I need to figure out a way to cover it up!

 Well, that's all for now!  I have a ton of DIY projects that I'm going to subject my family to while I'm visiting.  I'll be sure to post :-)




8 comments:

  1. you could always use duck tape to cover the yellow :) Duck tape solves all problems lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the fence and the color scheme! I'm your newest follower so I can watch the room progress:) I haven't started on mine yet!

    ~Nikki
    Teaching in Progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for following me! I changed schools and positions, so started my room much earlier than I normally do! When do you go back to school?

      Delete
  3. OMGosh, I love that fence...where did you get it? I do a garden theme and I'm adding birds this year.

    http://thatnewcrayonsmell.blogspot.com

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deniece,

    I got it at a teacher supply store in my area. It's made by Trend Enterprises http://www.trendenterprises.com/home.cfm and it comes with some life-like animals, including birds! I hope that helps :-)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your classroom is looking great! Love that tree! I nominated you for a blog award, stop on over at my blog to pick it up:)
    Carrie
    The Common Core Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, Thank you so much for the nomination!

      Jenny

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!