Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It

I'm so excited that I finally get to participate in Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics!

I made my own number magnets and an attendance board!  I think it all came out super cute and it was easy too!


These aren't the best pictures because they were taken on my phone.  Here's a close-up of the magnets.



To make the magnets I cut out circles using scrapbook paper and a 1" scalloped edge circle punch.


Then I put number stickers with a clear background in the center of the circles.


I used multi-use glue to attach the circles to glass gems I found in the floral section at Hobby Lobby. 


Tip: Put the glue on the flat side of the gem and the put the circles on the glass.  When I tried it the other way the glue stuck to the table and I couldn't pick it up!!!




This glue dried quickly so I was able to glue the magnets to the back right after I finished attaching all the number circles to the gems. 

Tip:  You will need to keep the magnets away from each other when you glue them to the gems.  They try to attach to each other and pull the magnets off of the gem before the glue is dry!


My brain is clearly still in summer mode because I made two sets of 30 magnets (I'm going to make a Where Am I? board too) and bought a pack of 50 magnets!  Oops!

All of the above products were purchased at Hobby Lobby.

I got the black magnetic board, stickers on the board, and decorator tape at Michaels.  I wanted stainless steel boards, but couldn't find affordable ones!

I hope you like this idea!  I'll have more next week.  I'm in California visiting my family and I have a few projects for my brother and his table saw :-)





12 comments:

  1. Your attendance wall hanging is adorable! Very clever!
    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had so much fun making it! Thanks for following me :-)

      Jenny

      Delete
  2. congrats on your new position!! Your room is looking great! I love the Boise area; I've been there numerous times in the summers and winter visiting friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I love the Boise area too. It's still not quite as busy as other cities :-)

      Delete
  3. Your attendance board is super cute. I love finding fellow 2nd grade teachers to follow. Come on over and visit me at secondgradechatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited I finally know that I'm teaching 2nd - it makes planning much easier :-) I will check out your blog too!

      Jenny

      Delete
  4. Love the magnets! I need new ones, but have been putting off doing anything about it. Time to get busy! I'm a new follower, stop by and visit sometime!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Megan! I have already checked out your blog and am a follower :-) The magnets are really easy. I thought I was being really original and then I saw quite a few on Monday Made It. Oh well!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!