Friday, July 13, 2012

Integrating Music and Dance into the Classrooom

Do you remember educational songs from when you were a child?  I remember the Conjunction Junction song and the Counting to 12 song (that had the pinballs) from Saturday morning cartoons... any of these sound familiar?

My 5 year old recently taught me the continent song she learned at school!  I could name the continents before, but really had to think about them.  Now I can't get the song out of my head!  The continent song is from a Dr. Jean C.D.  She has some great educational songs and videos for PreK-1st grade! 

Here is a You Tube video of Dr. Jean doing the Macarena Count to 100:



I love the idea of integrating more music and dance into the classroom.  Research shows that integrating movement (mucle-memory,) music, art, etc. is how students learn best! 

I've used Wrap-ups with my students and the songs that go with them.  Some kids love it and others are easily frustrated with the pace of the song and completing the Wrap-ups.
How do you integrate music and/or dance into the classroom?  I would love hear your ideas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!