Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Teacher's Fashion Linky

I could not pass up this linky!  I love to shop!!!  Stop by From Blood to Books to link up.  I have become much more "sensible" in my teacher attire over the years, but I think it's important to look professional and up-to-date!





1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion"

I love Kohl's.  I really like the Apt. 9 pants (see below) because they look professional and hide my "muffin top" without making me feel like an old lady with my pants up to my chest!!!  I love dresses, but rarely wear them to work.  I'm always on the ground with the kids and dresses and skirts just aren't good for that!

Apt. 9 Modern Fit Plaid Straight-Leg Pants

I also like New York and Co. and Maurices for tops.  We don't have a NY&C near me anymore, so I shop when I visit my mom.  I only buy tops that don't need to be ironed or they just hang in my closet!

I just got this in blue from NY&C, I accidently stumbled on a 50% off everything sale. Woo Hoo!



2. What are some of your favorite accessories?

At work I usually wear my pearl drop earrings or my sapphire earrings from my husband.  I'm not a morning person and I have kids... so pretty much it's a small miracle I get out the door each day, let alone accessorize! 

I love necklaces, but we are required to wear our ID badges so I wear a beaded lanyard (similar to below) to fancy it up :-)


AND, I don't go anywhere without sunglasses!  My eyes are really sensitive so this is where I don't cut corners.  Here are my latest!

Jackie Ohh Brown Gradient  / Crystal MG Chocolate Gradient

3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
Ok, ok, I know that Danskos are not super cute... but I LOVE them!  They are so comfy and I do actually think they're kinda cute... they grow on you... really!

Here are my new ones for this year.  I also have a black tooled pair that I love. 


4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)

I have lots of cardigan sets, so they are my "go to" items.

Here is a new one I got at NY&C (remember the sale!!!) It's even that color!


5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)


I think I'm probably a walking fashion uh-oh!  I often have coffee spilled down the front of me.  I can't hem pants and I must step on the back of them (I'm a whopping 5'3) because my hems fall out all the time! But for the most part nothing major... but if I ever do my hubby better come running - he owes me for the time his pants split in the butt when he bent over and I rushed over with a fresh (bigger size) for him :-) 


This has been so much fun!  I should be sleeping, but this is almost like shopping all over again :-)




2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Being in the medical field... I didn't realize that Danskos were so popular among other professions. This linky has definitely opened my eyes to that. Im your newest follower!

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is a medical assistant and has worn them for years. I always thought they only came in white! It seems like it's become a trend over the last two years for teachers to wear them. I even see principals wearing them too! It makes sense, we are all on our feet all day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!