Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Teacher's Fashion Linky

I could not pass up this linky!  I love to shop!!!  Stop by From Blood to Books to link up.  I have become much more "sensible" in my teacher attire over the years, but I think it's important to look professional and up-to-date!





1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion"

I love Kohl's.  I really like the Apt. 9 pants (see below) because they look professional and hide my "muffin top" without making me feel like an old lady with my pants up to my chest!!!  I love dresses, but rarely wear them to work.  I'm always on the ground with the kids and dresses and skirts just aren't good for that!

Apt. 9 Modern Fit Plaid Straight-Leg Pants

I also like New York and Co. and Maurices for tops.  We don't have a NY&C near me anymore, so I shop when I visit my mom.  I only buy tops that don't need to be ironed or they just hang in my closet!

I just got this in blue from NY&C, I accidently stumbled on a 50% off everything sale. Woo Hoo!



2. What are some of your favorite accessories?

At work I usually wear my pearl drop earrings or my sapphire earrings from my husband.  I'm not a morning person and I have kids... so pretty much it's a small miracle I get out the door each day, let alone accessorize! 

I love necklaces, but we are required to wear our ID badges so I wear a beaded lanyard (similar to below) to fancy it up :-)


AND, I don't go anywhere without sunglasses!  My eyes are really sensitive so this is where I don't cut corners.  Here are my latest!

Jackie Ohh Brown Gradient  / Crystal MG Chocolate Gradient

3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
Ok, ok, I know that Danskos are not super cute... but I LOVE them!  They are so comfy and I do actually think they're kinda cute... they grow on you... really!

Here are my new ones for this year.  I also have a black tooled pair that I love. 


4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)

I have lots of cardigan sets, so they are my "go to" items.

Here is a new one I got at NY&C (remember the sale!!!) It's even that color!


5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)


I think I'm probably a walking fashion uh-oh!  I often have coffee spilled down the front of me.  I can't hem pants and I must step on the back of them (I'm a whopping 5'3) because my hems fall out all the time! But for the most part nothing major... but if I ever do my hubby better come running - he owes me for the time his pants split in the butt when he bent over and I rushed over with a fresh (bigger size) for him :-) 


This has been so much fun!  I should be sleeping, but this is almost like shopping all over again :-)