Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Common Core Math Curriculum

Are you struggling with finding math curriculum that aligns with Common Core?  Join the club!  I have recently been introduced to engageNY and I am LOVING it!!!

This is offered (currently) for free - yes free!  I am downloading all of the modules for my grade level, just in case it's not free in the future!  I have to say that I am very impressed with what I have used so far.

There is a scripted teacher's guide (which I don't read verbatim) that is a great guide, work pages, exit tickets, homework, and assessments!  It sounds too good to be true - but it's not!!!

Below are a few pics of my kids enjoying one of the "hands on" activities!  One of the students actually said, "Are you crazy?" when I dumped 1,000 - yes 1,000 popsicle sticks on the floor!  Students had so much fun grouping them into tens, hundreds, and eventually counting to 1,000 by using groups of 100 :-)




 
 
Many of the lessons have "hands on activities" such as shown above.  I really enjoy the exit tickets, which are quick to check each day and give me the opportunity to correct any misunderstandings that may have occurred before they work on the homework that night!
 
 
To add the "Mom Factor" to Teacher and a Mom, here is a pic of my own sweet kiddos on Super Bowl Sunday!  We were so excited to FINALLY be, not only in the Super Bowl, but to be winners too!
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Air Jordan 5'4" Black | Air Jordan 5'4" Black | Air Jordan 5'4" | Air Jordan 5'4"
    This review is done from the inside look at the new air Jordan 5'4 and Air Jordan how can i get air jordan 18 retro racer blue 5'4 Black. It's a standard size, two piece show air jordan 18 retro toro mens sneakers black leather travel case air jordan 18 retro racer blue to my site with top air jordan 18 retro racer blue two air jordan 18 retro yellow suede

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!