Saturday, June 23, 2012

To the parent(s) of... Happy Labels

As a special education teacher, I feel like I write "To the parent(s) of..." eight gazzilion times a day!  I've had stamps, but they don't last very long and usually don't stamp the whole image.  As part of my job I have to send a ton of paperwork home throughout the year.  I noticed that when I give the envelopes to students they get this look of horror on their faces, even though I tell them it's just more paperwork and they aren't in trouble!  Parents will also avoid these scary looking envelopes - they do look pretty official and intimidating!  At some point I started putting a smiley face on the envelopes and got better responses from everyone. This simple smiley reduced anxiety in students, the number of phone calls I had to make (begging parents to sign and return paperwork) and duplicate copies I had to send home because, "Johnny didn't bring it home, I didn't see it in his backpack."  I should point out that I have them put it in their backpack or take home folder while I'm standing there! My new brilliant idea?  Happy labels!  I won't have to keep writing the same thing over and over again, and I won't have to expose my lack of artistic ability with my smiley faces!  These would be cute for progress reports or any other confidential info that needs to be sent home.  I made 6 different patterns, using the template for Avery 3477 labels.  Click on links near the images to download your free copies!





Click Here



Click Here














2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you join my giveaway. http://wolfelicious.blogspot.com/2012/06/400-follower-giveaway.html

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, Thank you for following me! I entered your giveaway and am following you now - your blog looks great! Congratulations on reaching 400 followers :-)

      Jenny

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!