Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Crafts

I'm preparing for my Christmas craft centers this Friday.  The last day before winter break is always crazy, so I have parent volunteers come in and run craft stations!  Students get to make different ornaments, a gift bag, and a card.  This way they have a gift to take home to parents for Christmas.  I also have a station where they make Reindeer Chow, which is just a snack mix that they will eat later in the day!

Here are a few of the crafts they will be completing:

 
 
I got the finger print ornament idea off of Pinterest, the original post was from Little Bit Funky.  I couldn't find teal bulbs, so I went with green!  I only had students do three thumb prints for the reindeer and wrote their name and year with Sharpie on the back.  I'll tie a bow with red ribbon on the top. 
 
I had students do their thumb prints, with brown acrylic paint, ahead of time so they'll be dry for the craft party.  Students will use a black Sharpie for the antlers, eyes, and two noses.  For the middle "Rudolph" nose I'm using a Sharpie oil paint pen.  My daughter made the sample shown!


 
 
The card idea is also stolen from Pinterest.  I used construction paper and the paper punches that I already had to make the different shapes.  Easy and cute!

 
This little Santa ornament is made with a red craft stick.  I used skin colored acrylic paint for the face.  I painted a strip ahead of time and students will use googily eyes, tiny white poms, cotton balls, and a sharpie to complete the rest! 
 
 

I will also have them make a bag similar to this.  I found shiny red scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby and used an oval paper punch for the nose.  I'll be up tonight cutting ovals on my Cricket out of different brown scrapbook paper (whatever I have floating around at home!) for the mouth.  I used construction paper and the paper punches for the eyes.  I think they'll come out super cute!
 
 
 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!