Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gingerbread House Art and Writing Project

So many fun projects to do during the holiday season!  I love that I work at an arts focus school and get to incorporate that piece into my assignments!  This week we have been working on a writing project called Gingerbread House for Sale by Mz H. 

My students had so much fun just picturing their houses in their heads, but today we brought them to life by drawing them!  See pictures below.  There is a similar project on Art Projects for Kids, but I just took them through my own drawing - step by step.  They then added the details themselves.  All of the items on the house and yard had to be candy or a cookie!



 
 
Of course, I can't forget Ginger!  He sat on top of a magazines with a joke in hand!  I found a sheet of cute holiday jokes on Pinterest, click here for link!


Poor Ginger may have to absent again tomorrow with the kids bouncing off the walls this afternoon!  Rough time of year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!