Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Math Freebie

I have been terrible about posting lately!  I feel like all that I do is work, work, work and I haven't had any time to do fun things like blog! Now don't get me wrong, I still spend a fair amount of time blog stalking but haven't had time to share anything I'm doing!!! 

I am new to many things this year, and Investigations is one of them!  Our district has mapped out how to use the program and part of that includes pulling parts from other grade levels.  So, we've been playing Capture 5 from the third grade level.  Most of my kids really enjoy playing, and others are still a bit lost - and therefore not really interested!  Sooo, I made a fall version of the game. to make it a little bit more of a draw to those kiddos  This is played exactly the same way as Capture 5, so you can use the number cards (+10, -10, +3, -1, etc.) from the program.  I just made a fun game board and instead of using chips as markers, you use pumpkin markers :-)  I printed the game board on green construction paper and the pumpkin markers on orange.  Click on picture below for game board and here for pumpkin markers.  Enjoy :-)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.. I just love hearing from you!